Terrell Suggs Talks Football, Family And.... FIANCEE'??

Category: , , ,

Terrell Suggs team Sizzle,Terrell Suggs team Sizzle

Ravens LB Terrell Suggs had a very good interview with Baltimore Ravens.com about his career in Baltimore, his contract situation last year and his family. It was a very good read but I must admit, I learned some things in his interview.

On Football Expectations:

Suggs says he doesn't feel like he has to prove himself to anyone and that he has his mind set on one goal. "Dallas, Texas. Lombardi. I've had every individual award you can name, but they only last for the moment. Nobody will ever forget a Super Bowl champion."


This is the type of talk any fan wants to hear from their star player. I'm so glad to hear Suggs has a bigger plan beyond individual accolades. As much as I want my squad to get to Dallas in February, Suggs wants it a little bit more. And he should.



On his $62.5 million dollar deal, making him the highest paid player at his position:

"It wasn't like I was demanding the Ravens, or any team for that fact, to sign me to a big deal. I didn't want to be the highest-paid anything. I just wanted what was fair and that was for the front office to determine."


Fair is fair, and I believe Suggs when he says this. While money is the motive for a lot of people, Suggs was just looking for a contract that treated him fairly.



On the media and fans turning on him, possibly because of his new contract:

"I kind of really found out who was in my corner and who wasn't. Last season was my worst season, but I was going to have that season regardless of whether I had a new deal or not for the simple fact that I was coming off a season that I got hurt and there were a lot of changes."


Sorry Sizzle. That's how it goes, no matter what city you're in. People see $ being thrown your way and lackluster results that follow, and instantly become critical. That's what they will do. But once you're back to your old form, they'll be back again. Trust me.



On life outside of football:


"I'm not just a football player. It's my sport. It's what I chose as an occupation. I'm also a father, someone's fiancé, someone's brother, someone's son. I wear a lot of hats.

"When you're with the family you're stress-free. Once I got away from the negative energy, that's when everything started to come together and I became Terrell again. I became my old self. I definitely feel happier."

WHOA KIMOSABE! I understood everything he said. But I PAUSED when I read the fiance' comment. Could he be possibly engaged to Candace Williams, the girlfriend that tried to sue Suggs for $70 million not long ago???? One has to think so, since he was seen with her recently at the ESPYs along with their 2 children.
Suggs family ESPYs
If he likes it, I love it. I'm not passing judgment, sometimes things happen. Hopefully they moved on from the ugly events that happened last year. I wish nothing but the best for Suggs, he's a good guy.

Comments (5)

Hmmm interesting...but at the end of the day he has to do what is best for him mentally, physically, emotionally and financially. I ain't mad at him! ;)

Same story, different baller, lol These dudes man.

$70 million dollar lawsuit (that will probably get her half of that) while paying off greedy lawyers or marry the mother of your two kids that is very hot but a tad crazy (who isn't? ). The envelope please...fiancée!

Have to say that from these clips of his interview he seems very wise for a professional athlete. As far as the lawsuit/fiancee situation only they know what is going on in that relationship and if they think they can take the good and the bad in each other and make it work then good for them. I just hope they don't walk into marriage lightly as it is a serious matter.

Thanks for the post!

Http://vimeo.com/m/#/11487000

watch him put the ring on her finger

Post a Comment