The NFL Chick's 2010 AFC Predictions

Category: , , , ,

Since the NFL season is underway, it's time to do what EVERYONE else does: Flip a coin and guess who teams will fare in their respected divisions

Today, I'm going to focus on the AFC. I'm an AFC fan (of course, Ravens baby!) and I've always felt that the AFC is a MUCH tougher conference to get to the Super Bowl. My opinion hasn't changed much, as Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers run this conference. But now you have guys like Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco and Carson Palmer who are looking to make a mark.

Here's how I think the teams will fare this season:




AFC East
1.jets helmet logo After watching Sanchez this preseason, I really had to flip a coin on my decision. Sanchez has a great defense and a really good ground game, so that saves my pick for the Jets to come out on top. But he looks like he regressed. That stout D saved him in my pick.

2.Patriots HelmetThe Pats defense are young.. and not that good. But if Tom Brady, Wes Welker and Randy Moss are still on the team, they will always have a chance. Hard to pick them out of the AFC East title.

3. Dolphins HelmetChad Henne isn't looking quite as good this preseason, not like I thought he would. But the addition of Brandon Marshall and the return of Ronnie Brown from injury should help him as the season goes on.

4. Bills Helmet Pigskin Loving Lady may kill me on this... but it needs to be said. Outside of CJ Spiller, I don't know any other bright spots on this team. Sorry Jos, maybe next year I will give the Bills some credit. You know... when they get a QB and an offensive line.




AFC North
1. Bengals helmet The Bengals won the AFC North last year, and they have upgraded their roster nicely through the draft. The addition of Terrell Owens didn't hurt either. I think they will repeat this year, as long as Carson Palmer can stay healthy. The second he goes down is the second the Bengals playoff hopes go down the drain.

2. Ravens Helmet I'm a homer, but I'm not biased. The Bengals have the Ravens number. That being said, this team is still good enough to make the playoffs like I expect them to. The secondary is suspect, but what else is new right now?! Once Reed and Webb come back from injury, they will be fine.

3. Photobucket Without Ben Roethlisberger, I expect the Steelers to go 2-2 during his suspension. Not bad.. but in a division with Cincinnati and Baltimore, that may not be enough. The defense is still good, which will keep them in games.

4. Browns helmet Jake Delhomme gives this rebuilding team hope. Unfortunately they play in a TOUGH division.





AFC South
1. Colts helmet I want to pick the Texans so bad. But Peyton Manning is... well... Peyton Manning. Hard to choose someone other than the Colts as long as he is on the team.

2. Photobucket My AFC sleeper pick, I think this is the year the Texans show up and be a pain in a contender's ass. Matt Schaub is a top 6-8 QB in my opinion, and with the return of Owen Daniels, who was out for much of the 2009 season, I expect him to continue putting up good numbers.

3. Titans helmet As much as I think Chris Johnson is a great athlete, I still don't know how much I can trust Vince Young, even with a solid 2nd half of play during the 2009 season. The Texans and the Colts are just as good, if not better, than the Titans

4. Photobucket Pretty simple for me, the other 3 teams are better. You are the weakest link, Jax!




AFC West
1. Chargers helmet The Chargers are really missing Marcus McNeill and Vincent Jackson, but I still think Philip Rivers (my boo) is good enough to put points on the board with Malcolm Floyd and Legedu Naanee. Add Ryan Mathews and the Chargers now have an upgrade in the running game.. Plus they play in a soft division.

2. Raiders HelmetThe Raiders had one of the most solid drafts of anyone this offseason. No I'm not high, nor do I use the "purple drank", I'm serious. The Jason Campbell trade was one of the better trades made, because Oakland needed a serviceable QB since JaMarcus Russell pulled a highway robbery on them.

3. Broncos helmet The verdict isn't in on the Broncos. I don't know if this is a good team or not. And we may not know the answer until the season is over. Tebow may be the future, but he's not the right now.

4. Chiefs helmetI'm seriously considered moving up KC over Denver, and I may regret later on, that I didn't. The acquisitions of Charlie Weis at OC and Romeo Crennel at DC are huge, especially since the QB (Matt Cassel) came from the New England family tree. Loved the Thomas Jones pickup as well. Yeah..... I'm regretting this more and more, now..........................

The NFC Prediction picks will be available tomorrow. Stay Tuned.....................

Comments (2)

It's TTTT and this is yours, lol I'll request a formal apology after the season ends. Honestly, I can't believe you picked the Bengals over the Ravens. The secondary is shabby, but with the addition of Houshyomoma, the offense will score A LOT of points. The Bengals will make the playoffs, as a wild card.

You are a wonderful, fair, beautiful, intelligent woman

Post a Comment