Things That Make You Go Hmmm.....................

Category: , , , , , ,


Last week, the Most Hated Athletes list was released and the Top 5 of the list was as follows:

1. Michael Vick*

2. Tiger Woods

3. Terrell Owens*

4. Chad Ochocinco*

5. Kobe Bryant



As you can see, not only are all 5 players of African-American decent, but 3 out of 5 of them are NFL players. Hmmmmmmm......................

In contrast, the Most Liked Athletes list was released and list showed the following:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Apolo Anton Ohno

3. Peyton Manning*

4. Steve Nash

5. Joe Montana*

One African-American (who is retired, BTW) and two NFL players, one of which no longer plays and hasn't in quite sometime.

Oh....... okay...............................

Photobucket

Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture? The race situation is another topic for another day and I'm going to try my harder to avoid that topic, so let's stick to specifically the NFL players selected. While I understand that some folks will never like Michael Vick again, due to his dog fighting fiasco, what did Chad OchoCinco and Terrell Owens do to you?

I'm probably the last person to say that I love Terrell Owens. He annoys me and acts like a guy who lacks deeply in social skills. But do I hate the guy? No. Chad OchoCinco is well liked by many of his opponents who he trash talks to weekly, so why is the love so rare amongst fans? Neither of them have been arrested, convicted or had allegations toward them. Yet they are Top 5 in most hated?

What I found interesting was that a guy like Ben Roethlisberger was not listed in the Top 5 Most Hated. He did make the list at #8, however he's been accused of sexual misconduct twice in one year, yet is ranked lower than 2 guys who have done nothing wrong off the football field. Where they do that at?

Also noted, Brett Favre was listed #8 in the Most Like Athletes list. As a former Favre Stan, I can admit that after the Green Bay fiasco (in which I totally sided w/ Green Bay and how they handled it), I became less and less of a fan of his. And after the yearly going back and forth of, "I'm retiring... wait! No I'm not", he inched more and more on my, "Players I Dislike" list.Maybe I'm the only person that doesn't care a whole lot for divas and bitchassness. Who knew!

The NFL is the cream of the crop in American sports, followed by the NBA. These players are put on pedestals. Things they do off-the-field are just as much newsworthy as the plays they make on-the-field. I understand that majority of the players we see are black, but I'm a bit baffled by this list. What say you?

Things that make you go, Hmmmmm.......................................



*= NFL Players




Comments (0)

Post a Comment