The NFL Chick's 2010 NFC Predictions

Category: , , , ,

Yesterday, I posted my 2010 AFC Predictions, and for the most part folks a greed with me. I wish I could pick more edgy (meaning: find a sexy team to pick and tell everyone, "I told you so" if I lucked up), but the AFC within itself is like a crap shoot.

The NFC was a little easier for me to pick. Once again, I went with my gut. Nothing really edgy like I would have liked, but you gotta go with you feel. With that said, here are my NFC Predictions for the 2010 season:


NFC East
1. <span class= On paper, the Cowboys look stacked. The offense upgraded when they drafted Dez Bryant and Tony Romo finally got the monkey off his back and won a playoff game. Now will it be 2 or more this season... that's TBD

2. Redskins helmet The acquisition of Donovan McNabb alone makes them my 2nd favorite team in the division. However, I need to add an * on this pick. Because if McNabb goes down, Then the ORIGINAL Sexy Rexy, Rex Grossman, is the backup. You don't like the way that sounds??!! Yeah, me neither................

3. Giants helmet I really want to pick the Giants #2, they have what it takes. But Washington's defense is better, which will keep them in closer games. I'm not too sure about the G-Men on D, but I do think they have the potential to be a playoff spoiler this season.

4. Eagles helmetI picked Kevin Kolb in my Top 20 QBs for the season. But this preseason, he hasn't shown me a damn thing. Maybe I was riding on Andy Reid's coat tails a little too close and caught the Vapors. It doesn't look too hot in Philly right now.



NFC North
1.Packers logo Everyone knows I love Philip Rivers, but my 2nd fave QB (outside of my boy Flacco) is Aaron Rodgers, hands down. I predict him to be a Top 3 QB and he had the highest rating this preseason. I know what you're gonna say, it's just preseason.. but I don;t care. Green Bay prevails this year, finally. Go Pack Go!

2. Vikings helmetFavre loses a step this year.. and I wouldn't be surprised if his misses his first game this season. Adrian Peterson is a beast, but he fumbles way too much for my liking. They are still good on D, but this looks to be a Wild Card year for the Vikes.

3. Bears helmet A part of me really wants to pick the Lions over the Bears. Jay Cutler says he'll continue to be Jay Cutler, which means throwing dumb ass INTs. He still has no one to throw it to. And even with the Julius Peppers addition, how good will this defense be in a tough division?

4. Lions helmet The Lions are going to surprise a lot of people. I wasn't a huge Stafford fan when he came out of college, but the Browns game last season changed my perception. Calvin Johnson is a beast, and Kyle Van Den Bosch reunites with he old defensive coordinator. I'm gonna regret not picking Detroit over Chicago.


NFC South

1. Saints helmetThe Saints are back as pretty much the same team that won the Super Bowl. Drew Brees (AKA Breesus) will continue to be a great QB, and is this the year Reggie Bush puts up good rushing stats? We shall see. They are the Super Bowl champs, so how do you NOT pick them?

2. Falcons helmet With all the weapons the Falcons has, I'm not too sure on how Matt Ryan will fare in 2010. He didn't play an entire season in 2009 and hasn't really lit up the place during preseason. Still, with the Bucs and Panthers on a rebuild mode, they are the better of the 3.

3. Panthers helmetWho is the QB?? Matt Moore?? Jimmy Clausen?? Thank goodness for the RBs Williams and Hall on this squad, or else I would give the Panthers, 2009 Buc status in 2010. I know Steve Smith is still on the team, but is that enough? We shall see

4. <span class= Although I think the Bucs will be much better than they were last season, I still think they make the bottom of the division, but not by much. maybe by a game. Josh Freeman has tons of upside, and the Bucs drafted well getting Gerald McCoy. This is a rebuilding year, but they will win more than 2 games


NFC West
1. 49<span class= With the Cardinals in limbo at QB, I'm rolling with the 49ers. Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis. Alex Smith has NO excuses. Oh and let's not forget, Patrick Willis, the beast at LB. This is the year the 9ers start their quest at taking over the division.

2. Cardinals helmet No Kurt Warner. Matt Leinart released cause he sucks at life (okay that was harsh, but he sucks at QB), and in comes Derek Anderson. Good luck with that Cards fans, all 10 of you!

3. Rams Helmet Sam Bradford will play like a rookie a LOT of times, but he will also make veteran plays. I've loved his play since Oklahoma. Is he can stay healthy, the Rams aren't as bad off as we think. They still have Steven Jackson and drafted on the offensive line.

4. <span class=The Seahawks are gonna be turrible (not terrible, TURRIBLE). Maybe the football gods don't like ugly, right Pete?!


Tomorrow, I'll be posting playoff scenarios and who wins it all... get ready, maybe it's your team!


NFL Kickoff Party

Comments (2)

Take this to the bank; the Bears will be torched weekly by even the most mediocre of passing games.

I agree with your picks. I think if everyone gets healthy for the Bucs, they may finish 3rd in their division. Kolb is the x-factor for the Eagles. Nobody really knows what he can do and if he is the QB for their future. All the pieces are there on the offense, he's the only question.

Post a Comment