The NFL Chick's Week 1 NFL Picks

Category: , ,

It's the most... wonderful TIIIIIME of the year!!!!!!!! Yes, ladies and gents. Football season is officially BACK! While last night's game wasn't as action packed (translation: high scoring) as we thought it would be, but it was entertaining football. So of course with football comes the wonderful vlog done by the Gridiron Gals, myself alongside Pigskin Loving Lady. We try not to disappoint.. but for whatever reason.. the wonderful vlog we did for you guys and gals is taking it's sweet time being available. As soon as we get it ready, I'll have it up.

EDIT: The video is ready!!! Clearly we did this before I looked at the spread, or else I would have not said NE was an "upset pick".





In the meantime, here are are my picks for Week 1 of the NFL season:

Carolina @ NY Giants (-6.5) - I'm with the spread on this. I'm picking the G-Men and I dunno if it will even be close. I don't trust Carolina's QB situation right now. Ahmad Bradshaw should have a great game.

Miami (-3) @ Buffalo- I'm gonna go against the grain and pick Buffalo. I dunno why, maybe because Week 1 in the NFL is a No Guarantee type of deal. Or maybe it's because my sis Pigskin Loving Lady is a Bills fan and I feel sorry for her. They won't get many wins this year, so you gotta get in where you fit in. Week 1 is when you do it.

Atlanta (-2) @ Pittsburgh- I'm picking the Steelers at home. I don't care who's the QB, I find it hard to digest that the Steelers will lose their home opener (although the Ravens fan in me encourages this to happen, I don't see it going down).

Detroit @ Chicago (-6.5)- I'm gonna go against the spread. I'm picking the Lions, dammit! Why not?! I think they will be much better than we expect. Why not start the turnaround season in the Chi! Sorry Bears fans.

Cincinnati @ New England (-4.5)- Although Cincy has every reason to win this game (good defense, many upgrades on offense), I'm going go with the spread and pick New England. I can't see Belichick and Co. lose at home, especially since Tom Brady has all of that money now. *cues Deion Sanders "Must Be The Money"*

Cleveland @ Tampa Bay (-3)- I'm picking Cleveland simply because Josh Freeman isn't 100% with that thumb., That may cause a problem for the offense to score points. It sucks that Tampa fans won't get a chance to see the game, because games like this always end up being great entertainment, even if the teams don't pop out at you (remember the Browns-Lions game last year?).

Denver @ Jacksonville (-2.5)- Let the Maurice Jones-Drew Show begin! Jags

Indianapolis (2.5) @ Houston- Dear Houston: I like you.. I like you a lot. I even picked you to be a Wild Card this season. But I cannot tell a lie; as much as I would like to choose you for this game, I cannot. Peyton Manning and Bob Sanders scare me. Please don't be mad, I'm picking the Colts. Signed, A Punk Picker

Oakland @ Tennessee(-6.5) - This is a new era for the Raiders, and I expect them to be a pain in the AFC ass this year. I'm picking the black and silver to upset the Titans at home.

Green Bay (-3) @ Philadelphia- The point spread is too low. Not only do I expect the Pack win, but I expect them to win by at LEAST a TD. Sorry Philly, I don't trust Kolb yet. I DO trust Aaron Rodgers, though.

San Francisco (-3) @ Seattle- Yeah, the Seahawks kinda suck. San Fran will get the job done easily...

Arizona (-4) @ St. Louis- Dare I pick the Rams?? I am!! I'm picking the Rams, dammit! Arizona lost their luster the minute Kurt Warner retired. Not that I think they will be a bad team altogether, but Week 1 games are never easy to pick. I'm picking the Rams.

Dallas (-3.5) @ Washington- This will be one of the better games of the weekend, and the Gridiron Gals will be in the building Sunday night at FedEx Field!!! I want to pick Washington because I see the potential with them (I chose them for a Wild Card spot in the season's playoffs). But with McNabb not 100% and Haynesworth still being a fat, lazy rich dude, I don't how much I can trust the Redskins. Dallas is a little more healthy and prepared. I'm picking Dallas in a tough one.


Baltimore @ NY Jets (-2)- This is the game of the week, in my opinion. Anytime you have Ray Lewis sound off like the Ray Lewis of 2000, then you KNOW this game will be intense. I know why everyone loves the Jets. But I don't like the way Sanchez played in the preseason. Yes, I KNOW it's just practice, but practice makes perfect. He was anything BUT. While Darrelle Revis being back is a HUGE sigh of relief, he can't cover everyone the Ravens have on offense. I'm taking the Ravens in a low scoring, close game (did I mention I will be at this game as well?! Life is damn good!)

San Diego (-4.5) @ Kansas City- Does anyone care about this game?! Well, I do, because my BOO Philip Rivers is playing. I agree with the line, I think this game will be close. No Vincent Jackson and no Marcus McNeill means trouble in Charger Land. I think they win, because they have the upper hand over the Chiefs. But don't be shocked if it comes down to the final minute to do so.

Comment (1)

I had to stop by and give my girls props for holding it down. I can't believe no one bothered to show support.

I think you both did a great job and I look forward to your next vid!

Black girls rock!

Post a Comment